Friday, November 4, 2011

HOLY SHT*T (Kris)

Holy sh*t!

I can't believe it.  Just HOURS before we head off on our trip.

Needless to say, Gus and I haven't seen each other for more than an hour at a time in this last week.  We're both swamped with work, ATTEMPTING to make sure all our stuff is covered before we head out. C'est la vie!  Don't know Italian equivalent to that.

I'm packed to the brim.  Still last minute things.

Anything I could have forgotten?

WHAT HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ON A TRIP?

As long as I got my passport, some cash and a credit card, I'm good to go right?

LAST MINUTE TIPS ANYONE?

Folks have told me:
Beware of the dirty bathrooms.  Bring your own TP.
Beware of SMELL.  Peeps in Europe just aren't into deodorant I've been told.
Pickpocketing really happens.


Ok we'll report something late tonight.  Perhaps upload a BEFORE picture.

Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. On the whole bathroom thing...
    There aren't always bowls to use.
    Be prepared to squat over a porcelain trough (shaped kinda like a paint tray) rural areas (and some not so rural areas). Lots of hand sanitizer needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had tips to offer, but I've never been--unless watching episodes of Jersey Shore in Italy counts. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally missed out on the porcelain troughs experience.

    However zombies, legit, watch out.

    The only useful advice I have is just try not to look like a tourist. Study your maps in private, try not to carry too much stuff with you, wander during the day to get your bearings, and don't freak if you get lost, just enjoy it. Definitely try to learn basic phrases in the local language, like excuse me, or do you speak english and thank you. Any effort, even a failed one, to try to communicate in the local language is appreciated. We all get annoyed/frustrated when tourists come to the USA and don't speak English. So same things goes in other countries. It's not rude per se, it's just the norm.

    FYI Spanish (with a terrible Italian accent) saved my ass in Italy.

    HAVE LOTS OF FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well shoot, did you learn anything about Italy in Jersey Shore?

    Zombies?

    I will look like a tourist regardless. Basic phrases? Thank God Gus has been learning Italian.

    Ciao and grazie to all of you with your tips.

    ReplyDelete