Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sorrento Day 2 (Gus)

I love watching the history channel, nat geo, discovery and shit like that. I once watched a special on Pompeii. It's amazing how advanced they were with infrastructure and architecture 2500 years ago. It reminded me of Tikal a Mayan city in the jungles of Guatemala. I've been therea few times so I knew that I had to check it out Pompeii in person.

It almost did not happen:-( it's the slow season in Sorrento so the tour companies are shut down for the winter. We took the train and decided to do the self tour. We get there and I ask Kris for some money and she says all she has is 10 Euro (it's 11 a person to get in). I start to dig through my pockets and find 12 Euro in coins mostly. In our hurry to get out and to the train station I forgot to grab cash out of the safe. Luckily we has just enough and we got in.

Frogger and a movie being filmed.

There are a bunch of stray dogs that live in the city of Pompeii. Also, there is a non-profit that cares for the dogs and tries to get them adopted. You should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment